Monday, October 19, 2015

Field Blog Post 3

For my second trip to Gesu, I was equally as impressed with the class and teacher as the first time I visited. When I first got there, the third graders were working on their Native American research reports, and the teacher, once again, walked them through step by step what they were supposed to be doing as patiently answered their questions. I was also able to help some of the students find information about their tribes, and they were very excited to tell me what they had learned so far. After that, we went to a science experiment fair in the gym. The students got to go around to different stations in the gym and got to learn and see different things such as finger nails under the microscope, and seeing how much fat was in one can of pop, and many other fun and educational activities. I thought that this was a very good program for the children to because it got them interested and excited to learn, but was still very educational. This ties in with one of the concepts we discussed in class, about how it was important to consider your students and engage them more in learning. This is the type of thing I want to do in my classroom someday; I want learning to be exciting for my students and something that they look forward to, and not something that they dread. I think it is important that students have a fun and creative learning environment, because then they will be more likely to continue their education and will be as successful as they can possibly be in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment