Sunday, October 25, 2015

Field Blog Post 4

For our second field trip as a class, we went to Shaker High School. For me, it was a very different experience than the one I had at Mayfield Middle School. At Shaker, I first observed an English teacher, and then sat in on an engineering class. The English class stood out to me because the teacher seemed to get annoyed with the students if they asked too many questions or didn't understand something right away. She often gave short answers and then moved on to the next order of business. I also noticed that the room was very dull and did not have a lot of color, which made the room feel very dismal. The second classroom I went to had a completely different feel than the first. The teacher was very supportive of his students, and it seemed like he had developed a friendship with the students. They were working on group projects, and he went to each group to see how they were doing and if they needed any help. This classroom was also very dull and not decorated, and almost looked as though it was under construction, but I think the teacher's attitude made an impact and the room did not seem as depressing as the first one I went in. I think that the attitude and teaching style make a huge difference in the atmosphere of a classroom. The second classroom I went in, the engineering class, is the type of positive environment that I hope my classroom someday can be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment