Friday, November 20, 2015

Blog 10: Summative Post

I have had a very positive experience with my field work over the course of the semester. Observing Mrs. Schetter's classroom made me realize without a doubt that I wanted to be a teacher, and it made me change from wanting to teach preschool or kindergarten to wanting to be a third grade teacher. Mrs. Schetter is the kind of teacher I hope to someday be like: one who respects and is respected by her students, who comes up with creative and new ways of learning, and one who is patient and does not stick to a rigid schedule, but rather goes with what works best for her students. These experiences have made me so excited for when I have my own classroom someday. I am so grateful I was able to observe in so many classrooms so early on in my education. Especially visiting Shaker High School and Mayfield Middle School, because I got to see what other levels of education I may be interested in, but they also led me even more to wanting to become an early childhood educator.  At all of the schools I saw at least one teacher who was passionate about what they were doing, and that demonstrates to me that teaching is the most rewarding career I could go into. Through my experiences I learned that sometimes you have to think outside the norm and come up with creative ways to help your students learn, because the more fun the activity the more likely the students will be to fully engage in it and learn the material. I could not have asked to have better field experiences this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment